What is the consensus.....

...concerning the Petronix ignition? There is one on ebay for $72. Is it good? Is this a good price?

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

I have one on my 259 '55 President 4dr and really like it. Quicker starts and better gas mileage. One quirk is that you should turn the ignition key on for a few seconds before starting the engine. Also the hotter coil is highly recommended. You must also buy the specific one for your application. ex. V8 or 6 cylinder, 12 volt or 6 volt. I bought mine a few years ago from Ted Harbit and I think is successor now handles them.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

In March of 2003, I installed one in my 55 President...... 15K miles later, I'm glad I did..

Reply to
SilverStude

No problems with just making normal "on" motion with mine. No hold time required.

5 years, many miles, no problems.

Check the Jegs or Summit catalogs for current prices.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to