Woodworth Carburetor? (2023 Update)

All I can Google is 3 patent numbers - no real info. Anyone know about Woodworth Carburetors?

Reply to
zoombot

Have you used the #'s to view the patents themselves at the US patent Office site. There's some info on how to do it at:

; or you can visit US Patent Office, and "wing it". Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Tried that and all I got was the very long patent explanation - no idea what they were used for, etc. Guess I'm more interested in their history than the actual mechanics of them. Thanks for the idea - can anyone further this exploration?

Reply to
zoombot

replying to zoombot, monte kerr wrote: They were a carb designed to run on any size engine by varying the fuel and air dependent on load.. I have 2 of them.. both are the same variable cfm but mounting is different.. one is a Holley 4brl type flange.. the other a 2brl. I was told Loyd Ruby was involved with the design.. I have no idea if that is accurate.. They were marketed towards RV's and large trucks though..

Reply to
monte kerr

replying to zoombot, aldenkidd wrote: I am not certain how old this thread is, but as of Nov. 1, 2017, I have two of the Woodworth VCC Carburetors and an old brochure with drawings showing how it works. There is also some sales information from 1975 that mentioned the inventor, Albert H. Woodworth, and Albert M. Hyatt, the casting company. Art Sylvia, Vice President, from San Jose was trying to market it.

Art Sylvia stored a couple of complete carburetors, brochures and advertising info in my families barn in Santa Cruz, CA. He never came back. I think the rent is up to about $10,000. Just kidding.

If this gets to anyone interested in purchasing what I have, please make an offer.

Dan Kidd (831) 277-6029

Reply to
aldenkidd

Do you still have these???

Reply to
Laura85

Hey there..Merry Christmas..I was wondering if you might still have the Woodworth Carbs and Brochure. Albert Woodworth was my grandfather. He's been deceased for many yrs now. Something pulled me this evening to play with Google and here I am. I would be quite interested in helping to unload that lot...not for any financial gain..purely sentiment. May you and your family have a beautiful Holiday. Sending love light and peace ✌️

Reply to
Bobbi J Hollars

I have one. New. It came from an auction in Carlsbad California many years ago. Just found it in a storage container I am clearing out. (619) 997-0176

Reply to
Ken McCormack

I sent you text. I'm so excited you replied. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Reply to
Bobbi Hollars