Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Good wipers - Legacy
Hi folks, I have a 2001 Legacy station wagon. Do you recommend any particular wiper? I find that the rear window clears poorly. The wiper leaves streaks and the doesn't clear the entire path. For...
16
16

Find a Mechanic
This may (or might not) help someone trying to find a reputable mechanic in their area.
1
1

86 Subaru GL -- repair?
Hi, folks. I'd like a few opinions on what to do with my beautiful 1986 Subaru GL hatchback. This was my first car, and I've managed to keep it alive with expected maintenance. It has a "new" timing...
5
5

98 subaru outback transmission filter change?
I have the 98 Subaru outback recently and I would like to change the transmission filter, but the filter is inside the pan. Is that possible for me to unseal the pan and open it to change the filter?
9
9

98 subaru outback transmission filter change?
I have the 98 Subaru outback recently and I would like to change the transmission filter, but the filter is inside the pan. Is that possible for me to seal the pan and open it to change the filter?

98 subaru outback transmission filter change?
I have the 98 Subaru outback recently and I would like to change the transmission filter, but the filter is inside the pan. Is that possible for me to seal the pan and open it to change the filter?

Manual for 2002 2.5TS
Hi folks, I'm looking for a book for the 2002 impreza TS standard trans. Let me know how much. Thanks, Nora's dad

Confused by proper tire pressures
The plate on the door panel of my 2004 Forester recommends tire pressures of 29 (front) 28 (back) with a light load and 29 (F) and 36 (B) with a full load. Yet I notice that, when mechanics service my...
13
13

Replacing Front Speakers 2004 Forester
From looking at the front door panels it seems like they have to be removed to replace the front speakers. Correct? How do you remove the door panel? Is there a diagram on the web (I was unable to...
8
8

impreza dies at 4000 rpm!!
Hi again, my friend told me his problem with his impreza turbo (r plate 1999)his problem is this; the car starts and runs fine up until 4000 revs then as he says engine dies/looses power/gurgles but...
1
1

Is The 60,000 Mile Service Necessary?
Hi All, I Just got a used 04 forester XT with 55,000 miles. Question, is The 60,000 mile service really $600.00 this would raise the cents per mile that I'm trying to keep as low as possible! I do...
26
26

impreza dies at 4000 rpm!!
Hi again, my friend told me his problem with his impreza turbo (r plate 1999)his problem is this; the car starts and runs fine up until 4000 revs then as he says engine dies/looses power/gurgles but...
1
1

Subaru Loyale 4x4
My 1994 Subaru Loyale will no longer engage into 4x4 mode , depressing the button on the stick fails to elicit any response( the display on the dash will not light up) this occurred quite recently and...
4
4

bearing replacement
I have had problems in the bearing region of my car. I just pulled off everything in order to replace my front right bearing, and noticed the reason for my car stopping. The bearing itself had...
5
5

WRX Turbo Upgrades
Who has a turbo upgrade on their WRX? My girlfriends car has a VF34 on it, and we love it. Car made 305hp at 22psi on a Mustang Dyno. ------------------------------------ Mike Mangione