98 impreza sport dash removal

I want to change the cd receiver in my 98' subaru impreza, but I am having a difficult time getting the panel in front of the reciever out. I can get it pried open so I can see into the panel, but it won't just pop out all the way. Does anyone know if you have to get any other panels out to get this one out? (maybe the panel around the stick (it has a manual transmission). I just would rather not break anything, but still don't want to have to pay to have this done. (I changed it in my another 95' subaru impreza, but getting this dash off seems more difficult). Thanks

Reply to
runner2665

Is this the trim "ring" that goes all round the stereo, and cup holder, etc---same as newer Imprezas? It's retained by clips all the way around. If you keep even pressure, you can progressively pop them out, one after the other...just don't try to leverage it all the way out from one spot.

Don't know for sure if your year might have any surprises...you might take a look over on

and see if they show anything for your year.

Seve

Reply to
CompUser