Bought a Tig & have new MY98 Seats Complete & Brush Guard

Hello there,

Sold my MY98 forester & have a new full set of spare seats & brush guard up for sale here in Australia on bay. For those interested you can find them here:

?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=320381515232 After 11 very happy years driving my Forester, I was disapointed with the reduced road handling & light plasticy feel of the new 09. Not only that, but also with the arrogant & disinterested attitude of the sales folks here in Melbourne Australia when I tried to buy one.

My wife suggested I look at a Tiguan, which I hadn't even considered. The test drive sold it & I'm now a very happy 103 TDI owner. Be warned however, although here in Australia the base price is very competitive, start to add options & it hits hard in the pocket.

I still feel that the original Forester design is great, & the extra interior space on the new model is useful, but why the handling & materials have been compromised instead of being improved beats me. I still miss my MY98 a little. It was the most reliable trouble free car I have ever owned.

In that regard, I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the Tig ;->

Cheers

Reply to
Picturist