Center Diff control

Hey everyone,

I am considering buying an STi and during my test drive I looked around the cabin and found this dial next to Parking brake that controls the center diff. Could someone please explain what this does. Does it shift power to front or rear or what. Also does spraying water on I/C really help?

Thanks in advance for you responses.

JP

Reply to
JP

The DCCD allows you to control how the power is allocated to the wheels. In auto mode you have 65/35. In other words most of the power is going to the rear wheels, as it should. I leave it in auto mode most of the time. But, in really bad snow or ice I put it in 4WD lock. Makes a big difference.

The I/C water sprayer does really work. The estimate is about 5 more HP when used. I have never used mine.

You can find out a lot about the STi at:

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

This is off topic, but last year I was watching the linear induction motors (magnetic drive) at the "California Screamin'" roller coaster at Disney's California Adventure. After each initial launch, the magnets on the track would be sprayed with water to cool them down. The magnets were so hot after each run that the water would steam right off of them. From what I understand, the ride kept on breaking down the first year of operation because of the magnets overheating.

Reply to
y_p_w