Foam lined plastic cup?

A foam lined plastic cup about 3 or 4 inches in diameter fell from under my passenger side dashboard. I can see where it came from, but when I replaced it, it fell again a few days later.

What is it for and do I need it in place?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

BTW, the car in question is my '07 OBS.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Presumably this cup fits over something, assuming it isn't a Slurpee cup which got lodged under the dash. What is it that the cup fits over? AC fittings possibly? If it is AC parts then I'd suggest that it is probably there for its insulation properties and possibly to prevent/control condensation. Since Summer is coming on in Wisconsin it might be good to have it in place.

Reply to
John McGaw