Forester Security System Malfunction

2002 Forester S Premium

Security system and keyless entry is not working right.

I've changed the battery in both remotes so that isn't the problem. Occasionally, for S&G, I use the transmitter and it works. Sometimes, it arms the system but doesn't lock the doors. Sometimes, I lock the doors manually and it will arm. Sometimes not. However, for the most part, it simply doesn't work so I have to manually lock and unlock the doors. In the event that the system is armed, I have to quickly spin the ignition key three times to disarm it. I'm not able to get into programming mode, either to reset the transmittters.

Does anyone know how to access the system to reset it? Or to simply disable it? If I can't fix it, I would rather just be done with it since I don't live in a high crime area, it is garage kept, and the car is 8 years old so I don't feel like spending $ at Joe's Subaru to get it replaced.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance rankandfile

Reply to
rankandfile

Dig around here for instructions for your system;

if that fails, maybe take it to the dealer.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Thanks. The pamphlet that came with the system didn't say you needed to have your foot on the brake to enter programming mode.

Dig around here for instructions for your system;

if that fails, maybe take it to the dealer.

Reply to
rankandfile

snipped-for-privacy@o21g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

Thank YOU for letting us know you got it working. Sometimes we don't get feedback here.

Carl

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan