I need another project car!

**I read both groups. Yea, that's what I meant.
**Oh okay. Nice.

**Who's that guy screaming down the highway at 50mph? :) What are the rpms when you're doing 70?
**I was watching an old tennis video and it had an ad for the *new* 1991 Legacy wagon. LOL! I love old commercials.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

~4-4,500!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Been thinking of doing same with an Impreza wagon. A WRX has the "lines" to look great without a roof and a convertible would be a blast. Integrate a substantial roll bar (probably need two horizontal beams, so rear seating would be severely compromised if not lost altogether) to compensate for the loss of "D-ring" rigidity, a long tonneau cover and find a way to construct a drop down tailgate and you end up with a sleek roadster that can carry a load of 8' lumber. Won't see many of those on the road.

Reply to
suburboturbo

No, but it is a bit reminiscient of the Brat, isn't it? ;)

Actually, it would look pretty cool...hmmmm...

Anybody got an old Imprezza AWD for sale? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Which is do you like better?

2008 Subaru WRX STI or Lexus IS350? Of course is Rally vs Luxury, but still
Reply to
EdV

Wow...talk about putting me on the spot!

I haven't driven a WRX (Or an STi...WHEW!) but I have driven an IS300 hatch. Should have bought it, but it wasn't a 5 speed...had the paddle shifters. I liked the hatch, and I liked the POWER!!! Remember, it's a 'modern' version of the 3.0 Liter I have in my Full Size Supra...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Vaguely, but with twice the power and modern electronics and ergonomics. Not that I'm putting down the Brat, always felt it didn't get enough attention. Vastly superior to other car-based micro pickups of its era (VW, dodge) that were strictly front-wheel drive (kind of counter-intuitive for something designed to carry a load in the rear - the heavier the load, the more traction you pull off the front wheels). The Baja was an interesting experiment, but doomed by the size of its pass-through. I think that a full-width opening between the bed and cockpit would have made it a practical alternative to a small pickup. The short bed, even with the contrived, slide-out bed extender made it useful for carrying big square objects, but not long narrow items.

Reply to
suburboturbo

The Brat had quite a cult following, esp here in the Northeast. I remember the wail that went up when it's demise was annoiunced, and how many of my friends bought 2-3 of them in order to keep the best one running!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The BRAT was a surprisingly capable little off-road bomber when driven properly. (IE Sit down, Strap in, Shut up, Whip the gerbils to a full gallop, and HANG ON!)

When I told the owner of the car "Move over, I'm driving" because she was about to get us stuck for the fifth time in thirty seconds, and then showed her how to drive it properly in the sand, it amazed the hell out of me and almost scared the (ahem...) out of her.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman