Impreza vibration at 69mph

My 2003 Impreza Outback Sport automatic starts to vibrate ...just slightly... approaching 70mph. The vibration is cyclical: it lasts for about

3 seconds, then stops for about 2 seconds, then vibrates again for another 3 seconds, and so on. I can feel it in the steering wheel. I had a wheel alignment done but the vibration is still there. It has happened on three or four different highways and road surfaces. The A/C is off. What causes such a cyclical vibration? Thanks Xavo
Reply to
Xavo

tire balance is the cheapest and easiest to check for

Reply to
jabario

exactly, also tire tread seperation. Even if they balance, they can have problems - particularly tires older than 5-6 years, regardless of tread depth/wear.

Carl

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan
1st: Wheel alignment will not cause vibration. 2nd: As noted in the responses, check balance and wear. Worn tires can cause road surface related noise and vibration even if they are in "balance".
Reply to
Greg

This isn't an answer, but I have the same vehicle (year and all) and don't have that problem. Do you hear a special engine sound @ like 62-65mph? Also, what mileage do you get?

Reply to