Just got 03 Baja and problem with exhaust

Hi, I just got a 03 Baja yesterday 5speed. The car was sitting in Subaru's lot for months and I was with the salesman when he jump started it. I got in and took the car for a test drive. It drove perfect with the exception of the check engine lite flashing. The salesman said something about a fuse for the cat? I decided to buy the car and they washed and prep the car. I picked it up the next day(yesterday) and no check engine lite flashing and car drove perfect and everything works. Ok here is the problem the car sat overnite and I started it up today and took if for a drive and within the first 1/2 mile the exhaust sound change to like a vibration sound and the engine power got weak....The sound when away within moments and the car drove fine after. There is only

60miles on the car and I got it with 22 miles... Did anybody have this problem and should I run to the dealership or wait until it happens again? Marc
Reply to
User705459

Take it back and ask them to fix it. Odds are they'll stare at it for a day do nothing and say it's fixed. But at least the problem will be documented. The Check engine light can go on for a number of minor reasons like not tightening the gas cap enough. But loss of power is usually more serious, could be bad gas, cheap fix, throw in a bottle of dry gas and fill it with a decent premium grade not the cheapest place in town. Condensation can build up in the gas tank if the car has been sitting too long. I'd try the dry gas if you already have a full tank just pour it in and drive it agressively don't exceed the break in instructions tho.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Reply to
Edward Hayes