Ray, how do you say, 8 2 in Japanese?

Hachi....

Thinking of getting a Corolla FX, and scavaging my beloved Hachiroku for whatever parts will fit (dash panels, suspension bits, 4A-GE, etc...)

Want to make an FX16-GTS. Have a load of parts already.

Where can I find the tech specs explaining the differences, esp in suspension?

Even if I had to buy an engine and trans I can get an engine w/125,000 for $500 and a trans w/78,000 for $200...

BTW, still looking for a hinge or two...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Dammit! Why does my NR keeps defaulting to Subaru?

Must be trying to tell me something...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hi Hachiroku!

Probably just slightly stiffer springs on the FX-16, altho the change from a RWD car to FWD might require a different front - back ratio as well. Probably gonna be tough to find definitive specs, but I'll look in my Toyota Performance book for you this evening. A young fellow in our club has a Corolla GTS with a 4AGZE supercharged motor, reputedly making over 300HP! He spends a lot of time sideways. When you get to the suspension parts, you might see if TRD ever made competition springs for the GTS, and fit them to a set of the Tokico Illumina struts. I have used this combo on my 1st gen MR2 with good results in CSP class autocross competition, and the little car is still reasonably comfy for commuting duties. I love my Toys, but they sure are a pain-in-the-butt to work on as opposed to the Soobies; maybe your reader is trying to save you some busted knuckles ;-)

ByeBye! S. Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager Microelectronics Research University of Colorado (719) 262-3101

That would be great! From what I can glean from 'boards', it seems the rear mount points on the FX is different from the FX-16. However, stiffer springs and shocks could make up the slack.

I am torn between restoring the Corolla GTS and using the parts for the FX. I loved that Corolla, it was the BEST car I have ever owned. The FX is in better shape, though.

I have also found 4A-GE engines around here, and trannies, too. I may just leave the Corolla intact and buy other stuff for the FX.

Reply to
Hachiroku