Re: Tires for Forestor

While getting my oil changed at Firestone this morning, I asked them to

> recommend new tires for my 2001 Forester. Here's what they came up with > (in order of their recommendation): 1. Turanza LS-T; 2. Affinity LH30; > 3. Insignia SL. My criteria was good wet handling (no hydroplaning) and > quiet ride. > > Does anyone have any expereince with any of these tires on a Forester? > If so, I'd like to hear about it, or any alternative recommendations. > > Thanks!

Of the 3 you list, go for the Turanzas. I had Affinitys on my Saturn. They are quiet, but they have week sidewalls. I just clipped a curb making a right turn on two different occasions, and the tire sidewall got a huge hole in it both times. After the 2nd instance, I changed tires. Granted, my fault, but I also believe a tire should be able to handle minor curb abuse.

I can plug the Yokohamas G900s. They are on my 03 Forester now, and they have awesome wet handling with a quiet ride.

Dominic

Reply to
dgcam55