Rear sway bar mount breakage WRX

Has anyone had the passenger side rear sway bar mount break off of the frame? The scary part is, when it breaks, the sharp steel rubs on the gas filler neck!!! The car has whiteline bars front and rear. My only thought is the mounts cant handle the stiffer bars??? any thoughts?

Reply to
NitroTrike

How stiff of a bar were you running? It's not that the mount isn't strong, it's that the mount is strong enough for the stock swaybar (and more so). Not the first time it has happened, but if you wish to reduce roll and stiffen your suspension, you might want to think about doing with a new set of struts/springs, not by running very high bar rates.

jb

Reply to
J. Bednar

I thought you had to put stronger mounts on with the stonger bars.

Reply to
Subie25l

get a beefed up mount from whiteline.

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

I looked for aftermarket mounts. Its not the one that holds the bar on, its the mount that goes to the frame. I ordered one from the dealer...a whole 12 bucks. It must be made out of REAL GOOD STEEL, huh. I still think my "steel washers welded on" reinforced one will hold for a while :)

Reply to
NitroTrike

About halfway down this page there's a recommendation to upgrade the mounts with a bar larger than 22mm

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Mason