Replacing STi Hood and Trunk Lid with WRX?

Do these parts fit interchangably? Does the water sprayer attach to the hood or inside the engine bay?

Thanks, Josh

Reply to
J.M.L.

water sprayer attaches to intercooler splitter.

intercooler splitter attaches to hood.

hood scoop must be used with sti splitter, since it is taller than wrx splitter.

scoop can be removed from hood.

hth ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

the 04+ trunk definately does fit. hood? why change the hood? just change the scoop. regarding the sprayer; it can't be rocket science to retrofit that to the smaller scoop. however, since you're significantly cutting down the air to the intercooler, my guess is performance is not your #1 priority. if so, then connecting with the sprayer may also be optional for you.

"all sti. all the time"

Reply to
4MLA1FN

You don't like the STI's hood? I can see why you wouldn't like the trunk (boot) lid with that giant shopping cart (trolley) handle attached to it...but the hood? To each his (her) own, I say :)

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

When I first saw the STi, I didn't really care for the big old spoiler on the back. And the hood scoop seems huge. But, in time, they both grow on you. It gives the car some personality.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Do you have pics of STI with the hood scoop removed?

Are there problems with the water getting in during heavy rain? Water going to get in anyway even with the scoop in place, right?

The intake on the lancer evo is protected way less. I wonder how do they deal with the water getting in there?

Reply to
John Opezdol

i certainly do not suggest running with NO hoodscoop in place, at least while you still have a top mount intercooler.

i suppose that with an aftermarket front mount intercooler you could either do a reverse scoop/cowl, or just seal it off entirely.

water isn't a problem in any case.

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

Would you elaborate what your concerns are?

What is then? Snow? Hail?

Reply to
John Opezdol

the concerns are a lack of airflow through the air to air intercooler which was designed under the assumption that the airflow would not be interrupted. the scoop provides downward airflow while the car is moving forward.

some folks refit front mounted intercoolers (as found OEM in the evo) and thus have no need to preserve airflow through the hoodscoop.

no, none of that is either. if anything is a problem it would be large(ish) rocks (and perhaps hail) bending fins, and the like. if enough snow to block the airflow accumulates in front of the scoop, then you have a problem as described above.

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

What could happen to the intercooler if it can not breathe? Would that be merely a performance problem or would something actually break?

Reply to
Mikluho McLai