Rubber window seals--proper care?

My new Forester XT is the first car I've had in many a year with frameless window glass. Those windows make contact with a lot of soft rubber. Is it
necessary to do anything to keep them that way, so they seal well? If so, what? Amorall or equivalent product?
Armorall tends to dry out the rubber unless it's used religiously. I've often heard people suggesting a silicon based protectant. Since I've been buying alot of products from Classic motoring lately I link you to the following: http://www.properautocare.com/vinrubcarpro.html

Site Timeline