Starting Problem (intermitten)

Some times when I try to start my 1995 Subaru I am getting a click-click instead of the starter starting. I try again an again and the starter ingages, other times I get the click-click-click. Not sure if it's a relay (starter relay) or the starter. Anyone have a similar problem. t.c.

Reply to
JUDDSON1

I've never had that problem before with my Subaru, but it sounds like a bad solenoid.

Reply to
rwessley

Tty to find out where the clicks come from. If under the hood (open it and your driver's window - or ask someone to listen - to be sure), it's the starter's solenoid. If you're a decent DIYER, you can replace the contacts there for less than 10$. If the clicks come from under the dash, then it's the starter's relay.

Reply to
Gilles Gour

First check the ground connections and all connections to the battery and starter. If they check OK then to AutoZone for a battery load test.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Hey where can I buy these intermittens? Are they warmer than normal ones?

Reply to
k. ote

any intermittens shop should carry them....

Reply to
Phil

Hopefully they're commonly sold with intertoques too.. I've always thought they were warmer when the colours matched.

Reply to
k. ote

Okay, now you're just being silly!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Have you checked the NEGATIVE battery terminal.. Make sure the ground to the battery on the frame is real clean.

Reply to
M. Butkus