STi owners, how old?

I put a stereo in my STi. Most of the time the OEM radios are overpriced and the quality is just a little under par. In my case I wanted an MP3 player and Subaru doesn't offer that option.

The only valid reasons I can come up with for not owning the STi is, It has a stiff ride, a lot of road noise and the insurance is expensive. But, all these factors tie into factor that it is a sports car. And when you drive it, you know without a doubt that it's a sports car! BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Stiffer Chassis

Ross

I may be making stuff up, but I will swear I can feel a difference in acceleration with my STi between a full tank of gas and a quarter tank.

The difference is about 10 gallons of gas or about 70 pounds weight.

Reply to
Philip Procter

I can feel the the same difference in my WRX wagon. 70 lbs. is about a 2% difference in weight. It's equivalent to a small passenger.

Reply to
2Stroke

I know there used to be a rough formula for calculating how many tenths of a second removing weight takes off your 1/4 mile time.

I can tell you with 3 passengers there is a huge performance penalty. Depending on your passengers that can ad over 600 pounds. It sure makes the car feel like a slug. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

So I am almost the youngest here then. Late twenties, bought my STi with money I earned myself. (I.e. no silver spoon.) Lovin' every minute of it.

Reply to
k. ote.

It's usually not the price of the STi that gets you but the stinking increase in insurance! And I am a very low insurance risk. In my late 20's the price of insurance would have been astronomical. Likely more than the payment on the car. I hear it rumored that a large percentage of STi owners trade their cars in within the first year of ownership. I wonder how true that statement is? BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

I'll get rid of mine when I am ready to get another one. I love the car.

Reply to
FNO

I bought an STi this year and three months later the company I work for anounced that they were moving our lab to a part of the country I don't think I can live in. So, I stand a reasonable chance of loosing my job.I can live with a lower paying McJob and support my family, though not in the lifestyle we prefer (I've been rich and I've been poor and, all else being equal, poor sucks!).

I can stand the loss of prestige, I can stand the loss of the house, I can stand the loss of the stereo and the retirement account, but the STi: no way man! It's time to send the wifey out to drum up some spare cash on the corner ;-)

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

Im 25!

Ross

You mean more for a year's worth of insurance than a single payment on the car, right? Definitely. That's a given in my case. It's about one payment-and-a-half, but I gladly fork it up and pay in full every year.

Long as the car runs, I'm not dead, and I've still got a regular paycheque, I won't be trading in the car at the end of the year. I guess I'll have to prove that statement in the upcoming months.

Reply to
k. ote.

Yeah, it's because they've lost their drivers licenses. I'd guess that the average post-STi tenure 'till suspension is about 6 months in New York State (3 strikes in 2 years and you're out, or potentially after one strike at 30+ over).

Reply to
Eza Gadson

STI FORESTER NEXT YEAR I CANT WAIT

Reply to
Bubba

STI FORESTER NEXT YEAR I CANT WAIT

Reply to
Bubba

Wow that's lame. Sorry to hear that. *scribble scribble* more reasons not to move to the U.S..

Reply to
k. ote.