Subaru Forester and Rust

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you (Subaru Forester owners) could give me some feedback on your experience with rust/corrosion protection of the Forester.

I have just bought a brand new 2005 Forester 2.5XT and I wonder just how well this car is protected against rust/corrosion. I live in Scandinavia and the spay out a lot of salt here during wintertime. Also, it rain quite a lot (humid and cold climate).

The car comes with a 12 year anti-rust gurantee, but this is only against rust all the way through the sheet metal. I can already see some surface rust on various components under the car, but I guess that this is normal?

Also, are all Foresters rust protected in the same way? - I heard somewhere that e.g. the Swedish importer added addition protection at the import harbour.

I would also like to know if the body of the 2005 Forester is galvanised?

Thank.

JASE

Reply to
Jakob Seedorff

Hi,

I have a 1998 Forester 70K miles, live in Scotland(salty winter roads, cold, icy, wet weather), not garaged at night, seems to be OK.

Reply to
Marcus

Galvanized top to bottom

Reply to