Subaru Forester and Rust

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you (Subaru Forester owners) could give me some feedback on your experience with rust/corrosion protection of the
Forester.
I have just bought a brand new 2005 Forester 2.5XT and I wonder just how well this car is protected against rust/corrosion. I live in Scandinavia and the spay out a lot of salt here during wintertime. Also, it rain quite a lot (humid and cold climate).
The car comes with a 12 year anti-rust gurantee, but this is only against rust all the way through the sheet metal. I can already see some surface rust on various components under the car, but I guess that this is normal?
Also, are all Foresters rust protected in the same way? - I heard somewhere that e.g. the Swedish importer added addition protection at the import harbour.
I would also like to know if the body of the 2005 Forester is galvanised?
Thank.
JASE
Hi,
I have a 1998 Forester 70K miles, live in Scotland(salty winter roads, cold, icy, wet weather), not garaged at night, seems to be OK.
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.
Jakob Seedorff wrote:

Galvanized top to bottom
--
And it really doesn't matter if