Torque setting for front strut tower bolts

I was halfheartedly looking at CobbTuning's front strut tower brace, and notice it says install time of 30 minutes for a novice. I thought I'd have to borrow my neighbor's air tools to install it, but I thought I'd give the bolts a try now just to see what'd happen, and they came right off with the use of a 10" box wrench! Seemed a little tooooo easy IMO, but there were painted marks on the bolts and towers that were lined up... Just curious... Terry - '02 Regatta-Red 5spd GT wagon - 20k miles Yakima / TandeMover / Rockymount rack - To reply, get rid of the "commensense" ?

Reply to
TW-Ohio

'03 impreza requires 14.5 ft-lbs as well.

not very tight.

think about it... these bolts certainly do not get much force pulling them away from the strut tower. most of their transmitted force is pushing upwards--there's a little bit side to side, but even that isn't very much (look at how long the "arm" of the lever is).

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert