Tribece visibility out back

How poor is the visibility through the slit to the rear in tribeca?

Reply to
AD

It seems they've had reversing cameras since 2008. Dunno if they are optional or stock. They also have back-up 'sensors' as an option. My guess is, not a great view out the back. Of course, electronic gadgets are not expensive to add to a vehicle nowadays, the Tribeca could be filled with cargo such that a camera would be nice to have and Subaru's legal department may insist on the back-up camera as a CYA maneuver.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

So much is being made of rear visibility recently. Is it the result of all of the auto makers advertising their optional solutions? Lest anyone forget, there is no requirement for _any_ visibility out the back window of any vehicle. In fact there is no requirement for a window back there at all so far as I know. That is what those ancient artifacts, sometimes known as wing mirrors or door mirrors, are for and using them along with a dose of common sense it is perfectly safe to drive and back any vehicle.

Reply to
John McGaw

People are probably sick of running over dogs, thrashbarrels, kids, grandma....

Reply to
Hachiroku