wheel nuts

Anybody know if I can use the same wheel nuts of my 1999 Impreza factory alloy wheel and on my steel rims?

Reply to
Philippe Javaux

yes Brian

Reply to
Brian McCloskey

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Hi Philippe, All!

and >I would check as most alloy wheels nuts ARE different from the steel counter >parts. ed

If they are both Subaru wheels, you will probably be OK, I've used them interchangeably on GLs, Legacys, and my wifes Forester (Legacy alloy wheels).

But check anyway:

The lugnut must thread all of the way on the stud; the end of the taper should touch the brake rotor/drum. The taper inside of the mounting hole must be the same as the taper on the nut. Judge by checking for fit against the nut; should have contact over the entire taper, not just in one spot. The tapered part of the nut must be long enough to extend out past the wheel taper or you risk it pulling thru the wheel.

NUT ---- \ / WHEEL- \\ //

Hope this helps.

ByeBye! S.

Thank you, Ed... I would not have considered that they were. Now, I'll think about it and ask.

Reply to
GTT