,002 oversize mains for 302 ford V8

Does anyone have a source for 2 thousands oversize main bearings? Ford dealer used to carry them but are out of stock so they say.

Reply to
Scott Downey

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Scott Downey) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I know all the reg aftermarket have 1 unders, haven`t checked on 2s for along time. Usually by the time you need 2 unders you have crank wear bad enough to be re machined. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Your right of course. I did find them at the machine shop Dunkum's in Newport News. He suggested the journals may be too out of round for a decent repair but we will try anyway.

Reply to
Scott Downey