1989 chevreolet s10 will not idle

I am unable to get my 89 chev s10 5speed to idle. It will start and stay running if you feather the gas but will not idle on its own. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, Dana

Reply to
danagoertzen

How about starting with the engine size and a history of any recent work?

Reply to
maxwedge

Profile:

View this thread:

I havechanged the plugs wires distributor cap and rotor I have also swapped out the Coil. and this is a 2.5L 4cyl. 5speed

Reply to
D a n a

Look for vacuum leaks, check the idle air control for not working or stuck or carboned up as well as the passages to it and the throttle body.

Reply to
maxwedge