89 suburban transmission rebuild help, please.

::We just rebuilt an 89 suburban 700r4 transmission and it will only engage in 1st .It barely moves in reverse. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear just spin. We've checked the fluids and TV cable, they seem fine.Can anyone tell me why and what we can do to fix this? Thanks in advance!:::::: :::: :::::: ::

Reply to
stacyf

did you check the atf?

you know that suckers gonna take about 12 qt of tranny fluid, right?

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

That was the first thing we checked, plenty of fluid, we let it run for at least half an hour while checking too. We also checked the TV cable, that looked good too. I'm not sure what we're missing. Arggh!

Reply to
stacyf