91 Ford Explorer

91 Ford Explorer v6 sometimes when driving the engine light will flash on and off multiple times. When scanned (more than once) no computer codes were set. Stan
Reply to
Stan Weiss

Misfires cause the SES light to flash....however they will not always be stored in the computer.

My old Blazer used to do the same thing, and only sometimes would the error codes be stored in the computer, usually if they were stored the ligth would stay on after it stopped flashing. Does your vehicle run funny when the light flashes?

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

On a 91 Ford Explorer? That's a vivid imagination you have there.

IIRC from one of your previous posts, this went on for years, correct?

Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

This guys website has to be a real jewel. He's damn near as clueless as glickman! Bob

Reply to
Bob

YOU ARE A PATHETIC LOSER...... STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND AND GET A LIFE!

And if you are such a smart guy, how about you offer up your advice or knowledge to the guy instead of bothering me.

You and your buddy * can go find a lift to change an alternator on :rolleyes:

Bunch of tough Usenet posters, come to Vegas and talk to me face to face, > In article

Reply to
xblazinlv

Or just put a Vulcan V6 in there. First thing you get stuck in the eye with when you open the hood is the alternator ;-\ I mean it REACHES OUT TO YOU as if to say *look at me.*

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

An alternator and how/where it's mounted has what to do with the OPs phantom CE light?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Well, no...

Larry is receptive to learning and understanding.

Mike on the other hand thinks that everything is exactly the same as his clapped out Blazer, i.e., all alternators are mounted up top and easy to service. Industry definition; "knows enough to be dangerous."

Reply to
aarcuda69062

And another thing....

Everytime your Check Engine light flashes, IT DOES NOT mean it will be stored into the computer. Random Misfires are not always stored, sometimes (actually most often times) they will only get stored if the light in fact stays on after it is done flashing. I've had this happen on several vehicles, two equiped with OBDI (GMC Syclone & Mazda RX7) and the other with OBDII (the blazer). Shit right now I have a random misfire on the RX-7 which I purchased with the slight misfire under boost, and the SES light will flash, but it doesn't stay on or store a code every single time it happens. You need to get your facts straight and live the situations in real life, there are more to cars/trucks/suvs than what your pretty little service manual says.

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

The only problem with your theory is we are talking about a 91 Explorer here. You can pull off a couple of plug wires and drive it to hell and back and it won't set any misfire codes. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Well.... sometimes he is and sometimes he isn't.

"knows enough to be dangerous." That's a pretty good description Neil, but I still think it applies to both of them. LG seems to listen to you pretty well but I think he starts foaming at the mouth whenever he sees a post from me and damn if I can understand why.... I guess he doesn't appreciate constructive criticism..... lol Bob

Reply to
Bob

So, tell us, what is the trouble code for a cylinder misfire on a

91 Ford Explorer? Is there a PID that can be viewed on a scan tool in this particular instance that will help identify the problem? (any bets ol' Mike avoids this question?)

Classic! You and your 'certified tech buddies' are SOL because there isn't a stored trouble code! Impressive!

My service manuals aren't pretty and they're not little. (okay, the DVDs are, sort of) And last time I checked, having done something for more than 35 years means that I have plenty of real life situations under my belt.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I think "*" summed it up best when he pointed out this guy couldn't/wouldn't change his own tire. I went to his website and sure enough, he's waiting 2 hours for someone to come by and change a flat tire for him.

As FUBAR as I am in the physical fitness department, I assure you that unless I was stuck in a snowbank, it would take me less than 2 hours to change a flat. ============================================================

flat tires!

I was out of here until we got a flat in the old green truck..... now we have to wait 2 hours for them to fix it (it looks like everyone got a flat tire today) and then we will be on the road. So it looks like I won't be back now until Saturday evening instead of Sat. Morning

Oh well, atleast I'll be back to say happy new years and hit up the Las Vegas strip.

Enjoy all the PMs Blown lol peace ============================================================

is this the same guy? Or is this a different *mike* ?

I'm not sure I trust a guy as an automotive authority who can't/won't change his own flat.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

If you insist on being spanked, Bob, I'm going to have to begin charging for this "service." I accept Western Union Moneygrams and Certified Bank Checks only.

Email me for where to send the first payment.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Sorry Larry but you haven't beaten or "spanked" me at anything. Even the example that you picked about monitoring fuel pressure with your data logger was wrong as you saw if you read Neil's reply to you. I think we can both agree that his info is technically very accurate. Bob

Reply to
Bob

That is the only thing you and I can agree upon. That and the sun will rise tomorrow.

I support aarcuda 110% because that is a guy who knows his shit. You I am still a tiny bit leary of. Time may prove me wrong. Maybe you do know your stuff. I haven't been in the n/g long enough to really make a who's who list yet, but I'm getting there.

One thing we have in common, we have a love/hate relationship with automobiles. Maybe that is enough.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman