Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

no, Symantec is a company.

What you meant was "semantics".

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Haha. Hylarious.

Reply to
Bob Jones

I stand corrected. I must have had something else on my mind...!

Reply to
L Alpert

hehehehe

maybe he has a virus!

hehehehe

Reply to
Retired VIP

Odd that even silicone blades will hold up 15 years in the PHX sun. Your vehicle must not sit outside like mine here in Tejas, and you certainly don't use them as much as our 40+ inches of rain requires.

I was happy to keep my OEM silicone blades in place for 5 years until I noticed the micro-abrasions in the windshield being caused by accumulated particles embedded in the old blades. So, now I replace the blades every 18 months, and hope something breaks the windshield to justify getting a new one without the micro streaks, which are obtrusive driving at night.

Vic

Reply to
VideoVic46

Um, Oooooooops! There's a reason for the annual changes...

Get some glass buffing compound and you might be able to polish those scratches out. It's made of Cerium Oxide or some really fine abrasive in a carrier paste, and you use a powered pad buffer and a brand new pad.

It's probably cheaper to buy the buffer and the compound once (and stop following gravel trucks that close!) than to pay a lot more every year for low-deductible glass coverage on your car insurance.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

A good reason to clean your wiper blades when you wash the car. You do wash the car don't you? hehehhe

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Which blades that are silicone based are worth buying?

Reply to
me

Whats the name of that website I saw about a week ago?

something like that.They sell some supposdly real good windshield wipers. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

TheI park outside almost all the time, but Phoenix gets only about 6" of rain a year.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Nate, I just want to thank you for your recommendation of the PIAA blades. They do, in fact, fit nicely on the BMW even though the PIAA book says they don't make one for that year and model. I am amazed at how much more effective they are than the Bosch and Anco blades, especially when it first begins to rain.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

There's an inexpensive solution you can use as long as the arms are in good shape and you only need the insert. I do this all the time on wagons and hatches with rear wipers that take a 9" or 10" or 12" refill - my LandCruiser still has the factory wiper refill. (Well, part of it.)

Take off your wiper and go in the store, find a cheap regular refill where the rubber has the right profile and holder width. Then buy the

15" refill pair, take it apart, cut the rubber down to the 10" or 12" you need, and slide it into the old holder.

If you carefully flex and pop the old insert out in the middle and slide the ends toward the middle to get them loose, and install the new rubber the same way, you won't mess up the old metal holder ring.

And if you have several cars and need three or four 8" refills, see if you can get one package of 17" or 18" blades and do both with one.

"Don't raise the drawbridge, Lower the river!"

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman