Best Rated threads in Automotive Technologiesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: another oxygen sensors question...
I would be surprised if this turned out to be an O2 problem. Sounds more like an ignition problem, especially with the puddle in the picture. Steve B.
14
14

How to remove and clean throttle body 2006 Dodge Caravan 3.3L
Removed throttle body for cleaning.............74973 KM I first of all removed air filter cover..........disconnected plug attached to rubber accordion hose...........to disconnect plug, slide red...

mopar's 'orange box'
I want to by-pass the stock electronic control unit that connects to the stock distributor on my '84 Dodge Caravan. I see that the mopar's 'orange box' or ignition control module is used with ignition...
17
17

Old unused oil filter OK to use?
A guy on Craigslist is giving away some unused oil filters. They're my size and type. Only trouble is, they're old. A year or two. Does age affect unused oil filters?
6
6

67 chevy 327 timing help
I have a 67 Chevy with a 327 sb. I put an electronic distributer and a new carb on a couple of years ago and never got around to setting it just right. I just start it every few months and drive it...
19
19

RTV gasket or Rubber gasket?
Purchased a transmission filter kit for my 2006 Dodge caravan 3.3L from NAPA. Kit has , filter, O ring and rubber transmission pan gasket. This will be first filter and fluid change on vehicle. As I...
3
3

New battery, car still dead as doornail
Background: 1990 Mazda Protege, very well maintained, very clean under hood. Last night it started as usual. I drove it to the dumpster at the edge of my property to dump some trash, stopped the car,...
38
38

OSD 11 Scanner?
What make of OBD 11 scanner is appropriate to use on a 2006 Dodge Caravan. In electronic servicing Fluke is a standard make of meter used. What are good ( working ) OSD 11 meters? Thank you in advance...
4
4

Pontiac Nighthawk
Why not make a car with American attitude and the latest tech? A plug in hybrid with an oversized electric motor and a composite frame. It's a muscle car that's silent and probably invisible to radar....

is there a "standard" trailer connector?
Hi all, I have bought a camper shell for my old F-150 (gotta love Craigslist) and am going to have to run some wires to hook up the third brake light and dome light. At the same time, I'm thinking...
17
17

Should I replace all my ignition coils?
I have a 99 Maxima. About a year ago a coil failed, and the repair shop replaced it with an aftermarket coil. It was #2, and the problem went away. Few weeks ago all of a sudden I am getting the exact...
7
7

Pacifica won't go over 4000 RPM
Our 2004 Pacifica won't rev over 4000 RPM. There is no warning message such as "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon". Any ideas? Thanks, Tim
3
3

Low Compression, thicker oil?
I have an old Saturn (1995 SL2) that's been diagnosed as having low compression in one of the cylinders. I can't afford to have it repaired right now, so I'm wondering if using a more viscous oil...
5
5

1980 Datsun 310 intermittent stalling
First thing you need to do is determine if this is a spark or a fuel issue. You can connect a mechanical fuel pressure gauge and lay it on the windshield then go for a drive to see what the fuel...
9
9

what makes a transmission CRACK at tail housing??
Well, slip yokes with lifts like you describe are known for having the axle pull out too far so they bind and snap the tail piece. They even make slip yoke eliminators for Jeeps because of this...
15
15

Tips on cleaning clogged winshield washer line?
Hi All, My 1998 Civic Hatch has a clogged rear windshield washer in my. There is flow as far as the rearmost coupling on the hatch; if I unplug it, fluid squirts from there. So the clog is somewhere...
6
6

Timing specification of 1989 Buick Lesabre
Where should I set the timing on my 1989 Buick Lesabre 3800 V6? Rusty
1
1

1987 Taurus transmission problems (stalling/jumpy)
Hi - I have a 87 Ford Taurus GL, 108K miles, automatic, 3.0L, and have some problems with the transmission, just trying to get some ideas on what it might be and how to fix it. Just yesterday it...

dodge dakota will not charge
My dad has a 1991 dodge dakota with a 5.2L that will not charge the battery. we have replaced the alternator and battery but while the truck is running the voltage will stay constant until you give it...
1
1

Color Coded Alternator Wires
Old dodge 318 70's vintage. Replacing alternator; stupid me forgot to write down the wire layout. There's two small wires one green and one red each going to two different terminals, but I can't...
19
19