Can't ESCAPE from hail...

The Nissan factory near me has some acoustic sound cannans that are used to break up hail.

Reply to
JR

"They won't be sold as new."

So how do you buy one of those bargains?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's an interesting question, but I suspect the answer is, "You don't".

There aren't a whole lot of options. I can't imagine them being sold under salvage titles.

They might release them to fleets, but it seems most probable they will be scrapped and written off as a loss.

When I worked at David Joseph manufacturers would drive their prototypes, etc. to the yard, under armed guard, who would watch them drop into the shredder.

If you have a sincere personal interest I'd call your local Ford dealer.

As far as vehicles sustaining hail damage on dealer lots, they typically IME collect insurance for the loss of value, advertise them as "hail discounted", then try to sell them at full retail like any other vehicle, with pretty good success. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman