Canada unveils new speed bump: optical illusion of a child

That's crazy! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I agree. Childern need to avoid western Canada.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

Some politician who rose higher than his/her mental capacity would be responsible for this one I guess.

Reply to
chuckcar

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:25233-4C88EADC-753@storefull-

3172.bay.webtv.net:

Some would argue that /all/ children are optical illusions...

Reply to
Tegger

Just wait until the first kid is killed because some driver thought the kid was just one of those government installed optical illusions.

Reply to
Brent

Brent wrote in news:i6c5su$vmb$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Thought? I extremely doubt it. Nobody that's allowed to drive has *that* bad of eyesight. Some nutbar *claim* it? absolutely.

Reply to
chuckcar

123
Reply to
Sean Jeong

Huh? The point is to make it look like an actual kid. Some driver will glance up his newspaper or smart phone, see a kid and think it's the image, turn back to what he's doing besides driving and keep on going instead.

Reply to
Brent

Brent wrote in news:i6doqv$on0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

It doesn't look like a photograph. It looks like a cartoon representation. Look at the image again.

Reply to
chuckcar

I dunno....sort of makes sense. This would not seem to endanger any children any more than they are already endangered.

They are trying to get traffic to slow down.. Maybe a ranger with a machine gun would do the trick.

Reply to
hls

"hls" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The idea of a radar controlled pop-up spike strip comes to mind.

Reply to
APLer

Let me assure you - they're no optical illusions! That's just some wishful thinking on your part.

Reply to
dsi1

Evidently, the drivers in Canada just won't stop for cars or buses - I would have just drawn a picture of a brick wall. To make sure that drivers will slow down, you could make one out of every ten real brick walls. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

Something a little different, self driving rocks.

I think it's freezing and thawing causing those rocks to move.Perhaps some Earthquake murmors too. George Noory would say there are little animals on Mars driving those around the racetrack. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

Riight. Such things could *never* be done by a person. However, there

*are* glacial causes for just that. The glacier picks up the rock, it gradually works it's way onto the top of the glacier and then drops down into the glacier until it's once again at ground level. At that point the rock - being much harder than the surrounding ice - cuts a groove in the underlying rock for as long as the glavier continues to advance. That can be hundreds or even thousands of miles. And if there's no plants or erosion, that mark can last for thousands of years.

I see no mention of anyone bothering to map the terrain for slight elevation changes either. That would be the first thing I'd do.

As far as I know, that is the only place on earth where such is happening BTW. Something that makes it being a natural cause suspect IMHO.

It's also interesting that the term peripatetic is *not* a term scientists use, but is taken from Aristotle - his name for his school of philosphy. As a result finding any actual scientific solution to this riddle becomes virtually impossible. At least using web searches. The only thing close I found was someone retracing Einstiens footsteps after he left Germany.

Reply to
chuckcar