check engine light caused by heater and idle?

so i got my car detailed today. when i drove off from the detail shop, i noticed the check engine light was on and steady.

the seats were very warm, and the heater was turned up hot all the way. it looks like the detail shop left my car in idle for a while, with the heater cranked, to dry the interior after they cleaned it.

is this something that can cause a check engine light to go on? i.e. leaving the car in idle with the heater blasting?

i've never seen the check engine light on before, but the car does have 85,000 miles. should i talk to the detail shop to pay for service to check the light or is this just a coincidence?

the car is a 1997 porsche 911 targa (993).

thanks! ~bart

Reply to
bart

If it is related it could be from the engine detailing portion of the job. Perhaps while cleaning the engine, water temporarily shorted one or more ignition wires/COP boots and resulted in a misfire code(s). Get the code(s) read before you go any further.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

codes were read:

80: secondary air injection system cylinder 1-3 31: left mixing flap motor 45: inside sensor motor needs oil cooler blower resistor needs condenser blower resistor

any thoughts? ~bart

Reply to
bart