Classic Funny Business Videos - Jiffy Lube scamming people

Ashton Crusher

The video doesn't surprise me. The only time I used jiffy lube was when I was in college and didn't have time to do the change on my own. This was for a car with a little over 100K on the odometer and had never had the tranny fluid changed.

Care to guess what the sales droid there tried to push very aggressively on me? Yep: the transmission service. He kept pushing and pushing regardless of my resistance (even after I told him that if that fresh fluid hit those old seals in the transmission that the car wouldn't make it to the end of the driveway). He finally backed down when I said to the effect that if they touched the transmission that they would be hearing from my attorney - big bluff, but it worked.

And BTW, the car in question went another 150K on that same transmission fluid save for the occasional few ounces to top it off.

Reply to
necromancer

I have an old U.S.M.C. hand pump.I bought it years ago at the Goodwill store.It needs a new leather diaphram, I can make one.It would probally work just as Good as new.

About nine something years ago, I took my old 1978 Dodge van to a Jiffy Lube place to have the oil and filter changed. Never Again!, those shysters are just that, Shsters)

The oil and filter change included a free car wash.That car wash knocked out the right front outside mirror glass and broked it down the middle. Never Again! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I had my mom's car done by JL at least three times. There was never a hard sell and the last time the guy apologized because he couldn't fill my windshield washer reservoir. Not surprising since the bottom has been gone for several years now. Maybe they only try to scam guys because they don't know anything about cars.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Some of them are honest. The ones in the video were all in what looked to be the not-very-good areas of LA and staffed by "managers" that looked like they were most likely hoping to make it thru probation without getting locked up again.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher