converting older cars to alternate fuel?

Hi! I have a 1973 VW Type III that I was thinking of converting to an alternate fuel source vehicle.

My husband assures me that there is no way to do that with a car that old. I'm sure there is, but what are the options, costs etc?

Please email and post- I rarely have time to check message boards unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Aileen Dingus

What alternate fuel? Propane? Diesel? Nuclear? :)

Propane would be quite possible, though I'm not sure how it will affect engine wear on an air cooled motor. The conversion would be a simple as locating a propane carbuerater for it.

You should read the groups if you wish to participate, it's a lot more fun that way!

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

Depends. On what kind of conversion you had in mind.

Reply to
Brent P