For the hell of it, let's look at 1.2 litres can do in a car done right.

Says, jimstone.is

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 8:23:12 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My 99 Passat weights about 3500 lbs and has a 1.8L engine. You wouldn't nor mally use a 1.8L engine in a car weighing that much. My 04 Passat wagon wit h 4 wheel drive weighed almost 3800 lbs. That had an engine of the same dis placement. That's kind of nutty!