Gates locking gas cap

I seem to only get it to open like once every ten tries. You are supposed to turn right until in rotates loosely (which is locked, ie unengaged) then turn key left until it engages, some kind of snap, then push hard to unscrew cap. THe last step is hit and miss. Several attendants said it is "counterintuitive". ANyone know what I am doing wrong?

Reply to
vjp2.at

Please see if you can figure it out from the video:

invalid unparseable

Thanks. Manufacturer,Gates, emailed me back and said the clockwaise should be

180 degrees then counterclockwise. Works like a charm and I feel so stupid it dodn't before. Kudos to Gates.
Reply to
vjp2.at