Help identifying tool

Does anyone know what this tool is for in these photos?

I don't know if it's an automotive tool (don't think so) but thought I would try...

Thanks, Josh

Reply to
WTB-54cm-ritchey

Brake line flaring tool

Reply to
Bret

Correction, pipe flaring tool.

Bret

That is a flare tool. Used to form the flare on the ends of copper tubing so it fits the fittings correctly. One very similar is used with steel brake tubing to form the double flares used on brake and fuel lines.

Reply to
Steve W.

It's half of a tube flaring tool. The other half is missing from your picture. The missing part clamps to the pictured part so that you can screw a cone shaped form into the hole,thus forming a flare.

Reply to
tnom

Sure, it a tubing flange tool

Reply to
hls

The other part "is" laying there. Look at the other pic.

Reply to
twisted

The other part "is" laying there. Look at the other pic.

A single flare can be accomplished with the pictured anvil and cone but I don't see the necessary dies for performing a quality double flare required for high pressure applications.

Reply to
Heron McKeister

Thanks everyone on the answer. It was part of a bundle of used tools I purchased. As ''twisted'' noted, the flarer/yoke is there. I originally thought it was a puller, now I know.

Josh

Reply to
HiJosh