Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil change and ending with engine replacement

I remember that guy! He used his willy to press out a control arm bushing on a 1965 ford, if memory serves.

Reply to
Hank Rogers

rtain crazy people I suppose. I have removed and re-built engines although the engine I re-built was a Mazda rotary which anybody should be able to do . Mostly, I removed engines to replace the clutch. It was just easier that way. There was one car that didn't require me to remove the transmission or the engine to change the clutch. What car was that?

You are right about that. You don't have to separate the engine from the tr ansmission. The clutch is in the front of the car and power is transferred to the front using gears. I used to want a 900 Saab but have never owned on e. The car I had was a Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV. In this car, the transmissio n is at the rear axle. You have to take out the driveshaft and clutch cover to get to the clutch. I'm guessing that a 924/944 Porsche would be similar .

Reply to
dsi1

rtain crazy people I suppose. I have removed and re-built engines although the engine I re-built was a Mazda rotary which anybody should be able to do . Mostly, I removed engines to replace the clutch. It was just easier that way. There was one car that didn't require me to remove the transmission or the engine to change the clutch. What car was that?

Beats me, I've never seen one of those cars before.

Reply to
dsi1

I'm not sure of them. I have only worked on the automatics in them - the THM 125 Hydramatic. It's just something I recall from 20 odd years ago.

Reply to
Xeno