Honda Accord Blown Headlights

Has anyone had a problem with their honda accord headlights blowing all the time. We have had this problem for the past 4 months or so. We keep changing them, which isnt an easy job in itself but its costing a fortune and now looks like we may have to see an autoelectrician. Anyone heard of this or can offer some advice?

Regards

Wendyb1066

Reply to
wendyb1066

Make sure you aren't touching the new bulb before you put it in. The oils and salts on your skin can cause the bulb to fail pretty quickly. Also make sure you aren't using any of the gimmicky bulbs. Other than that the only thing I can think of would be high voltage but I would expect that to blowing bulbs all over the car if it were the case.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I dont know exactly what kind of bulbs this beast uses. I had, long ago, problems which were due to water being splashed into the light sockets. It was solved by packing the sockets with dielectric grease.

If he/she has unusual lighting system (high intensity) then other things could come into play.

Reply to
HLS

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk wrote in news:62d35de4-d08f-49da-9f87- snipped-for-privacy@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

"Blowing" as in the filaments failing but the bulb glass staying intact, or "blowing" as in the bulb glass shattering?

Are the taillights OK?

What happened 4 months ago?

What year Accord?

Reply to