How does a GM 3800II know its temperature?

Hi Everyone,

Question for you all. On GM's 3800 II engine, how does it know what the temperature of the engine is so that it knows the correct air/fuel mixture? Reason I ask is that at 160-180 degrees my engine has a 50/50 chance of starting. I'm thinking the car thinks the engine is cold when it's really hot.

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
usshopkins

It has a temp sensor , scan it and look at the temp readings for the info.

Reply to
maxwedge

Do you know where it is at?

Thanks,