LGX engine power output query

This new motor is specced at 250 kW when mounted north-south in a Cadillac.
But when mounted east west, it is only 231 kW in Buick or 235 kW in Opel.
So what is the difference? Does the transverse installation cramp the exhaust
and air intake, or did Cadillac just get a hot engine map?
Reply to
pedro1492
In article , wrote:
Let me guess, one car is sold in Europe and one is sold in the US and they have two methods for measuring BHP? --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Recalls the days when a 396 in a '65 Vette was rated at 425 hp, exact same engine in a '66 Chevelle was rated at 375 hp. I'm sure there are many more examples.
Reply to
Heron
wrote:
Is that because the engine is capable of providing N horsepower but the transaxle is only rated less than that? --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Or that the transverse has to have a crossover pipe... maybe resulting in a less efficient exhaust system?
Reply to
ben91932
Well maybe for the 9T50 gearbox, which can't handle a lot of torque - might explain them detuning to limit the maximum torque. But 2018 Lacrosse gets the 9T60 and still has the slightly weaker engine.
Reply to
pedro1492

Site Timeline Threads