Lincoln vs Cadillac

Crapillac or Stinkin'Lincoln? Hung or shot? What's the difference?

Reply to
NickySantoro

In a roundabout way, many years ago, Cadillac got it's start from Henry Ford. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I think you're thinking of the XLR? I wouldn't mind having one of those, but only if it's available in a stickshift. And I can't afford it so it's irrelevant anyway.

I thought it was a shame that GM bothered to engineer a new I-6 just for the Trailblazer and never saw fit to install it in a midsize coupe or sedan...

I agree that recent GM products still look/feel cheap esp. compared to the German competition, although they might actually drive acceptably. Shame, that...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I thought the connection was Leland, not Ford. (founder of both Caddy and Lincoln)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Both, actually, see

about the sixth paragraph. As I heard (read) it, Ford was involved with the Detroit Automobile Company but was such a perfectionist that he was never satisfied with any of the cars they made and would never ship any. The other investors got tired of it and sold the company which evolved into Cadillac. Ford then started his own company and the rest, as they say, is history...

Reply to
M.M.