London's 'Walkie Scorchie' melts Jag parked on the street.

It melted some of the plastic on the car.

Reply to
JR

Oh dear... who thought that building a building with concave glass panels would be a good idea? Really obvious that there is the potential for this to happen just by looking at the picture of it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Back in the 1950s my dad had some wood parked behind the house. There was a big picture frame mirror out there too. On a bright hot day, that mirror started scorching that wood, it was smokeing.

Reply to
JR

When we were kids we scored a few barrels of transformer oil and built a passive solar heater out of old drill pipe and (mostly broken) mirrors for my grandfather's work shop.

Worked great for years until a hurricane took out everything. Still remember fondly his help and guidance in making it work. Which to my mind was the best part of the project.

Reply to
NotMe

PCBs, mmmm....

Reply to
T0m $herman

That was my immediate thought as well...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Solar heater does produce great results.. Even I am using solar heater and my electricity bill have come down...

Reply to
BryanCastro