Re:no-start on 2000 Chev Express van..Read in..

Did this happen all of a sudden or have you had no-starts before? Usually an engine will give an indication of trouble before it decides to not run at all. Ignition parts are always suspect with a no-run condition but it could be just about anything. Without the computer error codes, if there is any, it's a guessing game. Water in the fuel, a broken wire, corroded connector, etc, take your pick.

Any other information you can give like, whether it just happened, last time it was serviced if anything has been replaced, etc, would help alot.

Mech_Tech

Reply to
<Mech_Tech

It happened suddenly, no indication of prior fault. Damp weather lately, that's all that might have been an external cause. Fuel has 5 gallons in tank (at least), battery got a fresh charge plus a boost, all the obvious stuff. I don't feel like spraying quick-start in, with new FI etc it seems less of a good idea than it did with carburated engines. I think its a sensor of some sort, it feels like no spark. Might be no cold start enrichment. The local garage has it now, I had it towed.

My only "must do" requirement for modern cars is they have to start every time. They don't have to look good, perform exceptionally, or anything else except start every time.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Distributor cap and rotor, total including towing $330 cnd. Could have been a lot worse, I suppose.

Brian

Reply to
Brian