Re: windshield reveal molding

I've been following this post for a few days. You didn't say exactly why you were removing the trim but if a replacement windshield is also part of your resto project I might be able to offer a simpler way out for you.

I had to do some minor paint and repair to the windshield channel on a car and it also was getting a new windshield at the same time. I arranged with a glass shop that does mobile glass replacement to stop by and remove the old glass which included them removing the trim, and then after I had done the repair and paint work to return about 1 week later and install the new glass and replace the trim. In my case they didn't need a deposit or pre payment and I just paid when the new unit was installed. They came out to my home garage on both trips and the price was the same as if it was all done in one trip. Your local mobile glass shop might not be quite as cooperative but it's worth a call or visit at least to ask.

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly