Buying a new rollaway & tool chest set

I'm looking to replace my 25 year old and undersized Craftsman rollaway & tool chest set with a bigger one. It's amazing how much these things cost, 2, 3 grand and up for some of them. I recently saw a Husky set at Home Depot which looks well made (has ball bearing drawer slides, etc) and is about the right size (9500 cu", 23 drawers). Seems a relative bargain at $700. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest any other sources of good quality/reasonably priced tool chests. Also, my understanding is that Husky is now the "house brand" for Home Depot. This wasn't always the case, I believe the brand was considered of decent quality in the past, I'm wondering if this has changed now that their strictly "HD".

TIA

Dan

Reply to
none49

Husky is now owned by MAC tools:

The boxes though are offshore imports, maybe they are sturdy for the price, but Sears are still made by Waterloo.

The oldest tool box manufacturer in the USA!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Stan-I've had several people mention these, so I finally went to the local Sam's Club (not a member so it's a PITA) to look at one. Unfortunately, the n*****ts had the display example locked & LOST the damned key, so I couldn't actually open the drawers (idiots) but the price was $652, and from what I could tell look very nicely made. I was able to get the web site for the company in that makes them,

The set is about the same size as the Husky one I was looking at, total weight for the pair is 430#, which I think speaks to their robustness.

Dan

Stan Kasperski wrote:

Reply to
none49