Repair dashboard

Our recently purchased 2015 Prius has a couple of blemishes on the top of the dashboard that look as though the previous owner might have had
an iPass or EZPass (or similar automatic toll payment device) mounted there with adhesive and then simply pulled the device off rapidly, taking the vinyl layer with it -- and then tried inexpertly to repair the damage with some kind of filler. There are now glossy but uneven patches somewhat below the level of the surrounding matte textured surface.
Any ideas for an effective but inexpensive repair? SWMBO has ruled out a dash cover, claiming that they look 'tacky."
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

How about a "sticky" dash mat phone holder? (Amazon.com product link shortened)
On 07/15/2018 08:41 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

That's a great suggestion. Maybe that specific one is better quality than the cheap ones I used in another car: they appeared to spring a leak and left a sticky residue on the dash that I have not yet attacked with a suitable cleaner.
Perce