Running a car on water via electrolysis

I'm listening. How close ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Where is this guys track record on numbers?

I thought so. Pot, Kettle.....

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Alleged. I've seen 2.1 quoted for new plant. It is a *fact* that your numbers are totally unrepresentative of modern practice.

Plus that's for *corn* which is a lousy feedstock anyway.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Now that the guy is talking hydrogen, it shows he is a retard........

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Take the farming and ADM subsidies away. Take the slave labor from Brazil. What do you have?

Do you want to go back to those numbers you never addressed on jatropha?

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Coal to liquids. > 90% overall efficiency.

You should bother to read the links I provide over and over again.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

As ever you talk in riddles.

Would you care to explain how you're going to solve the energy issues wrt hydrogen storage and hydrogen embrittlement ? Just for starters say.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

30% coal in the U.S.

More like >70%

Maybe.

What fuel cell??????

You forgot the losses in handling, but not a biggy.

5% the last time I bothered.
Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Really!!!!!! Where do you get this?

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

I missed that.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

How about taking the emotive words away ? And what's ADM got to do with it ? Remember you're the one talking globally !

I'll leave that to the jatropha growers. Do you think they're making a net loss ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

All good stuff. When do we start doing it ?

You should learn to explain yourself better.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Because you have no concept of what goes on in the world?

Pot, kettle

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

No, it is not. It is the precursor and the post use that are so wasteful.

Get it right.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

~ 35% here AIUI ( less coal ).

Factor in compression or liquefaction for storage and it'll be closer to 50%.

A Hydrogen fuel cell.

The overall numbers are about right. They make a gasoline engine look really good !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

History ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

HEV and EV impact should total 10% in a couple of decades. In the mean time, China and India want to aspire as consumers.

AAAAAAre you getting this?

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

We seem to be holding at 85 mb/d for the last year. There is still no new production that leads declines in old production.

Capacity is a squeak without major projects planned beyond 2010.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

I suppose most Indians and Chinese are slaves too ? Have you been to either country btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Where are your numbers ?