Running a car on water via electrolysis

Have you been to either country [India and China] btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Some reports quote efficiencies between 50?70%

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

How snippy !

Get over yourself. You *are not* some genius in the wilderness.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Are suggesting that energy efficiency is bad for economies ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

There were no pre-war VWs ( maybe demonstration models but no production ones ) ! There weren't even any made during the war in fact !

Have you driven any of these ? I have btw.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Such as ? There won't be much of it for sure.

You're certainly not mistaken there.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

What happens when those other places decide that they would rather like to use their own oil ?

Reply to
adm

Absolutely. And judging by the attitude of some on this group, it's going to be a much more widely spread consequence in the near future as the US invades more oil producing countries, but does exactly nothing about fostering energy efficiency.

Reply to
adm

"Eeyore" schrieb

I wasn't sure if they had sold maybe a handful.

Not the 'Beetle' ('KdF-Wagen'), but the army version ('Kübelwagen'), Prototype in 1939, production between 1940 and 1945, 52000 in total, engines ranging from 23.5 hp to 24.5 hp

Driven? Yes - the 2CV and the R4, and I was the proud owner of an

1968 Beetle with a whopping 40 hp ;-)

Jochen

Reply to
Jochen Kriegerowski

I'm talking about the efficiency of the ICE itself. You are correct that there are even more inefficiencies in the system.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If you're relying on a hydrogen-powered ICE, I'm still going to be walking to work, because it still needs fossil fuel input to the loop to power the electrolysis. The whole point is that using a fossil fuel to power electrolysis to create hydrogen to fuel an ICE is a hell of a lot less efficient than just burning the fossil fuel in the ICE directly.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Or save it for later like Iran. That's why they want nuclear power btw.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Do too much of it and the USA will find it's one-time allies turning on it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

By a factor of about 10:1 !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

That's simply not true. It is perfectly possible to power the electrolysis with renewable energy sources such as tidal, solar or wind power.

Reply to
adm

Or save it for later like America ?

Reply to
adm

Not really.

Energy from tide, solar and wind is so sparse and relatively expensive that wasting most of its value to produce hydrogen will *never* make sense.

Hydrogen from nuclear perhaps. Provided that there's the huge surplus of cheap energy to do it. They said electricity would be too cheap to meter in the 60s didn't they ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Don't be silly. Americans want it all NOW !

I just can't wait to have it all now I want it all now

I just can't wait to have it all now Just take it one thing at a time I want it all now You'll have to learn to wait in line I'll get it some way, somehow I want it all now All now

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

But that's because the only heating value coal ever had or ever will have is heating steel. The tires are just electrolytic road taxes you pay to idiots like Washington.

Reply to
zzbunker

Graham I know you are a lot smarter than I am on this and probably many other subjects, but instead of name calling you should look at my less than brilliant post as an opportunity to be patient. Try treating others as you would like to be treated. Andy

Reply to
gsxr711