Stuck vibration damper

Hi, I am trying to remove a vibration damper from a 90 Jeep Cherokee and I just can't get it to budge. Any suggestions? I removed the center bolt and used a harmonic balancer puller and it is so frozen that it broke the puller. The rubber ring is shot so I am trying to get this one off to replace it.

TIA JB

Reply to
jbcrow

I would soak the crap out of it with a good penetrating oil then put the puller on to say 75 ft lb and leave it there. Then come back in a couple hours and spray and tighten a little more and let it sit. Same deal again in a couple hours.

This will 'usually' get them off.

Mike

jbcrow wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

Heat is also useful when things are stuck.

Maybe heat the nose with a heatgun to something like 70-100°C, taking care not to ruin the crank seal.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom