Tire sizes

I previously posted about problems I had with a 2001 Sentra SE after getting new tires. The original tires were 195/55/16. Since they were an odd size, I needed a more economical size and got 205/55/16. Those don't seem to be working out well and I want to exchange them. Would

205/50/16, 195/50/16 or 195/60/16 be better to try? Or any other suggestions. Thanks.
Reply to
xxx

those would work but the diamiter differance will change the speedomiter reading (should be correctable by changing the setting on the ECU) and gas mileage. why didnt the 205's work?

-Andrew Smit-

-Andrew Smit-

In the end I got the original tire size that was on my Sentra and all the problems have been resolved. Although the 205/55 were an alternate size, the ride and driving with them was horrible. Thanks for everyone's help.

Reply to
xxx